Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Old Fashioned Ingenuity

We left the Boots Court and headed east ready for another day of adventure.  We saw a sign that read, "With every sunrise there is a new adventure."  That certainly has been true for us on this trip.  And today was certainly an adventure.  We drove through several small towns and then finally came to Fanning. It was here we saw double evidence of old fashioned ingenuity. First we saw the world's largest  rocking chair.  It is 42.5 feet tall and weighs 27,500 pounds.  It was a great place for a nap instead of taking one in the car while I was driving.  Twenty feet away from the rocking chair was another amazing site.  It was something else I had never seen and as I looked I wondered why the inventor didn't mass produce it and make millions of dollars.  With all the lawn tools on the market, this one is by far the most creative one I have ever seen.  It was a push lawn mower welded to the front end of a bicycle.  This way you can mow the grass and get you exercise at the same time.  Why didn't I think of that?

No comments:

Post a Comment